2016 is almost here. What are your plans?
Do you have any big dreams? Looking back on 2015, what the hell happened? How many things broke apart into a million little pieces? For me, it felt like one big year if rediscovering myself. Which is great, in a way. Except that I sort of figured out that, once I did, I may not fit into the life I’d built for myself.
That’s OK, though. The new year is here (almost) and I can make that my new goal. My running club recently asked everyone to submit their racing plans for 2016 so they could add them to our website. Here’s what I submitted…
- 1st, and foremost, be awesome.
- 2nd, outdrink a cowboy. preferably at a ranch somewhere in the desert.
- 3rd, outrun a lion.
- 4th, adventure run in the mountains of Idaho, Montana, or Colorado. or, all three.
- 5th, pull gold out of the earth itself.
- 6th, discover the source of all things.
- 7th, play my guitar like a rock god.
- 8th, hike naked at some point in some undisclosed trail. again.
- 9th, be with my friends at that pivotal moment when we are ageless, infinite, and indestructible.
- 10th, drink from a mountain stream and see the milky way above me, knowing that the universe, for a short period in history, created a small blue planet capable of art, music, thought, war, pain, and suffering—and that it will all be forgotten in the grand scheme of things.
Wish me luck, I guess?